Thursday, November 02, 2006

day 1

Uncluttered simplicity

As the holidays approach and people begin asking for my children's Christmas lists, I become emboldened to remember my goal of decluttering our lives and home. I have suggested that grandparents pay for lessons/classes that my kids are interested in or send them tickets to sporting/music/ performance events that they would enjoy. I am somewhat saddened by the lack of response this has garnered. It makes sense on so many levels.

I am also challenging myself to remember quality over quantity. It is not important how many presents they have to open, but that the presents they do have will be played with and used!

This week I cancelled a meeting with a school group because it was feeling like an obligation, rather than a mutually beneficial event. I have also been spending less time mindlessly trolling the internet.

I need to commit to a system like FlyLady, but right now it seems like it would be cluttering my life more than helping. I will continue to read the materials and familiarize myself with the system, and decide later.

I also need to work on scheduling my time. I really do have enough hours in my day; I just have to use them efficiently!

Ok, I have enough food for thought and plans to get started on. See ya tomorrow!!

No comments: