Saturday, November 18, 2006

7 things--day 1

I will probably begin this project with my clothes because I am tired of waking up every morning with nothing to wear and a closet full of clothes. I can't find the new clothes I bought because I have so much other junk cluttering my closet. I have too small clothes, too big clothes, clothes that I don't like, and clothes I wear all the time. Why not just have the clothes I wear all the time in my closet?! I am sure I have lots to wear with only 25% of my closet. So, why not just keep the 25% and let someone else benefit from the remaining 75%. It will save me time--both getting dressed and doing laundry--and it will enable me to really focus on what I need to round out my wardrobe--dressy/business clothes.

Stay tuned for a list (and maybe pictures) of my first 7...

UPDATE: Well, day 1 is done. I recycled three items of clothing, and put 4 away to donate. It didn't even make a dent, but I only did 7. I am going to stick to this plan, and not get carried away.One recycled item only needed to be sewn, but I've been holding on to it for 3 months, and it was time for it to go. There were two items with tags still on, and I've had them for over a year. They went. One pair of jeans that no longer fit well, gone. I am looking forward to tomorrow. There were some other potential items, but they need to be tried on first, so I will do that in the morning.

I fear that I may spend one or two of my seven weeks with my clothes alone. I don't know why I fear it, but...there it is. I think because this house is so big and there is so much stuff that needs attention. STOP! Stop catastrophizing, and just keep working through it, one day at a time.
What I learned: I need to learn to sew.

No comments: