Saturday, November 25, 2006

7 things

The 7 things project is continuing. I have removed more clothes from my daughter's closet. 12 dresses is too many for one little girl. I also packed up 8 shirts and sweaters given to me by my mom that just don't fit right.

My current problem, one that I hope to solve next week, is actually getting the stuff OUT of the house. I have it bagged, boxed, and in the garage, but it will do me no good if I don't get it out soon.

I am sure this is a common problem, but I feel guilty giving away things people bought for my kids. Even though I have asked many, many times not to buy them more stuff. 3 of the items I donated of my daughter's still had tags on them. I know I just need to get over it, but I don't want them to think we are ungrateful. Actually, that's not it either. I don't want the stuff, and I wish they would listen to me, but at the same time I don't want to hurt their feelings. I wish there was a way for them to realize that they are wasting their money, but they just can't/won't.

Tonight I will be going into the basement to find my seven things. On the surface, it seems like it should be an easy task. But, I don't think it will be. Things are strewn about, and not well-organized, which makes it difficult to figure out what to discard.

I feel badly that I am not freecycling more things. I would like to give them away, but that takes more time and energy than I have right now. We can't do it all; we have to make choices, and this is my choice. I need to keep repeating that to myself.

No comments: