Thursday, November 02, 2006

30 days of posting

Here goes...30 days of continuous posting, chronicling my journey of simplicity.
I am finding that this process really is 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Everytime I make some positive strides--cooking instead of eating out, taking the bus instead of driving, choosing activities that don't cost money--something causes me to lose my stride. I hope that documenting my steps will motivate me to keep going, even when the going gets tough.

I found a webpage that defines 10 kinds of simplicity. http://www.simpleliving.net/content/custom_garden_of_simplicity.asp
  1. choiceful simplicity
  2. commercial simplicity
  3. compassionate simplicity
  4. ecological simplicity
  5. elegant simplicity
  6. frugal simplicity
  7. natural simplicity
  8. political simplicity
  9. soulful simplicity
  10. uncluttered simplicity

Each day I will focus my posts on one of these elements, reflecting on how I implemented in my daily life and concrete ways I will/can.

By the end of the month, I should have a working plan for my life--just in time for the new year!!!

No comments: