Sunday, January 28, 2007

reflection 1/21-27

This week was a mixed bag.
I am glad that I got the preschool stuff mostly done. That was a job I had been putting off because I just didn't want to do it.
I was not as productive on school work as I would have liked this week. I hope I can have a better week next week. I would like to meet all of my goals in that area.
I am proud that I have met my exercise goals two weeks in a row. I feel my body getting stronger, and I am enjoying the process. I am consciously not thinking about diet right now, and focusing on exercise because it is the easier of the two. As I gain strength and tone my body, I will begin incorporating diet. Right now, I need to focus on what's attainable, and watching my speed and distance increase is what's keeping me going. I only did strength training once this week; I will make it to two times next week. That will go a long way in helping me do better in pilates, and become a faster runner. Runner's World just had an article that strength training is a GREAT way to become a faster runner; it is more effective than just running more. My home program is not going to be that life-changing, but over the next 6 months I will definitely see some body changes.
Meanwhile, my house is falling apart. It is dirty. The laundry is piling up. The bedrooms look post-apocolyptic. This is one area that needs immediate attention.

Overall, I would give this week's progress a B. I did not meet all of my goals, but I did do some additional things that were not included.

No comments: