Thursday, January 11, 2007

balance

I went to the Y this morning with M. She was reluctant to go to child watch, but I bribed her with a snack. Horrible parenting, I know, but I really needed to work out this morning. Anyway, the balance came by only working out for 35 minutes. I got my goal accomplished for the day and she was only inconvenienced for 35 minutes, and she got to eat pretzels and chocolate on the way home.

I am going to plan to only use child watch when NBA is traveling. Even then, I am going to try and use it when L is home to go in with her.

I did over 2.25 miles today in 35 minutes. My speed (not including cooldown) ranged from 4.0-4.2). Granted, I held the bars a lot, but still. Progress is being made!

I have to say it made a huge difference walking into a relatively clean/organized/picked up house. I feel welcomed and calm. Intellectually I have always known that this is a direct result of my actions, but this year I am working on learning it with my whole being. And appreciating that it takes work to get there!


Work: That is the underlying theme of all my resolutions/goals this year. Everything I want to accomplish can be done, I just have to work at it. I have to work to find time to exercise; I have to work each day on my house and school work; I have to work (COOK) to stop spending money frivolously on fast food; I have to work to plan my schedule and errands to lower my eco-footpring; I have to work at doing my hair regularly so I look presentable and professional.
The list goes on and on. So many things come easy and/or naturally to me that this concept of work is going to take some time to sink in. I have no doubt that it will, though.

No comments: