Thursday, December 07, 2006

procrastination

My name is Miss Muffet and I am a procrastinator.

There, I said it. Is that the first step?

Seriously, though, procrastination is becoming more and more of a problem for me, my friends, and family. I feel like I am letting people down because I push everything to the 11th hour, and then am unable to help people out. It's not like I don't have the time. The problem is, I think, I have too much time.

In fact, I am procrastinating right now, even though I only have until 10:30 to get a significant chunk of work done without having to stay up all night when the kids are asleep.

The problem with my procrastinatory style is that it has residual effects that grow and grow. For example, I stayed up late working on my report for Tuesday's class and was so burnt out, that I was unable to work on Wednesday. Now it is Thursday, my new project is due in 23 hours, my full day of childcare fell through, and I have to assist at Taurus' school.

I have no one to blame but myself.

This is my primary personal goal for 2007: getting this bad habit under control. It will allow me to do all the other things I want to do next year--crafting, cooking, exercising, organizing, decluttering.

No comments: