Monday, December 04, 2006

holiday decorating

Today, because I have a huge school project due tomorrow, I spent all morning putting up holiday decorations. We still don't have a tree, but everything else is in place. The decorations look very cute, if I do say so myself!

I had to buy new lights because I broke our old ones. I did not buy LEDs because 1) I did not like the store's selection and 2) I returned an item for $10 and didn't want to spend more than that on lights.

I am very frustrated with the local teacher's store. I bought $115 worth of art supplies for the kids' Christmas gifts. However, with our new financial situation I decided to return them and use that money to pay for excursions on our trip. Apparently, this store does not keep extra money in the register because they were not able to give me my refund. I have to call each day to find out if they have enough. HOW FRUSTRATING!!! If I am returning Christmas gifts, I obviously need the money; I shouldn't have to wait 3 days to get it! I purchased these items 2 weeks ago, so the check has already cleared. That's not the issue. Arggh! I am so not shopping there anymore.

No comments: