1. What do I want the purpose of my room or area to be?
Storage—bikes, car, toys, lawn and yard equipment
Pantry—additional space for kitchen supplies
2. What do I need in or near the room to serve that purpose?
3. What can I remove from the room?
Items we no longer use—double jogger, furniture, toys, duplicates
Items we can store elsewhere
items that need to be put together to be used elsewhere
4. What problems do I see with the room?
Not enough places for things to go off the floor
storage tools are inadequate
5. What organizational tools might solve those problems?
6. What habits need to change to solve the organizational problems?
Putting things away when done
Not buying more than I can comfortably store in the space available
Using what I have before buying more
Timely removal of recyclables, returnables, and items for donation
7. What kind of a budget do I have to create the organized room of my dreams?
8. What kind of a timeline is necessary to organize the room?
This needs to be done this month because the weather is getting colder.
9. What is my plan of action?
a. take first batch of items to be donated
b. sort toys with the kids
c. take second batch of items to be donated
d. make bins for donation
z. purchase new items and complete organization (I want the purchasing to come last because I cannot buy my way out of this problem.)