I have committed to 65 during the day and 60 at night.
I am also committed to using other sources of heat when possible. This means:
- Working at the library or coffee shop that already has the heat and not coming home when M is at preschool.
- Using the fireplace more and encouraging the kids to play/read in the family room.
- Showering at the Y after activities, so we don't have to use the space heater or heat lamp.
This will be a difficult challenge to sustain, but I have already taken one first step to help. I bought a small quilt from Salvation Army that works perfectly as a window quilt in M's room.
Other things I need to do:
- Buy thermal underwear, slippers, and warm pajamas for everyone.
- Find and use flannel sheets (buy if necessary).
- Learn to start a fire in the fireplace.
- Cover/insulate the windows, especially those in the bedrooms.