Sunday, April 22, 2007

Computer Turn-off Week Challenge

Ok, I am doing it. I am taking back my time and energy and putting them into my kids, house, husband, and community. School is over, and I have no reason to be online all day. Checking email once a day is plenty. Besides, my husband has to be online for work, so if anything important gets delivered he can let me know.

Reading blogs and internet surfing are becoming a problem for me, seriously. I hope that stepping away and getting involved in other projects will help me regain a sense of balance.

This is what I will allow myself: A maximum of one hour per day online. It will occur after the kids go to bed, no "peeking" at my email during the daytime. This one will be hard since the laptop is always there, tempting me, taunting me, CALLING OUT TO ME!!! I think I will put it in the office and treat it as a desktop.

Here is what I hope to accomplish during the week:

  • read my book club book, The River Where Blood is Born
  • organize my bedroom closet and drawers
  • gather items for donation pickup on Thursday
  • bake at least one thing, preferably two
  • organize M's clothes and bedroom
  • put plants in blue outdoor planter
  • paint trim in living room

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you will be joining us for the TV Turn-Off Week Blog Challenge (and computer turn-off challenge for some of us!). I hope you will post a report at the end and let us know how it went! I look forward to reading more. Nice to "meet" you!